These flies seem to dance in midair. Larva feed on rotting vegetation and fungus, but adults don’t eat at all! They live in humid areas, often near lakes or streams, and lay slender eggs in moist dirt.
1. Draw the long, slender abdomen with lines dividing it into segments. Add the bulbous thorax, small pointy head and eyes.
2. Draw the two long wings, wing veins, and the tiny antennae.
3. Add the two very long rear legs.
4. Draw the middle legs, looking carefully at how they bend.
5. Add the front legs. Go over lines to darken them. Clean up any smudges with your eraser.