Order Hemiptera (true bugs)
These flat, reddish-brown pests can really ruin a good night’s sleep! They run surprisingly fast, and hunt for sleeping animals and birds at night when they can’t find you. If they don’t find anything, well, that’s OK: adults have been known to live for a year without food.
1. Draw the acorn-shaped abdomen.
2. Add the thorax and head, with beady little eyes looking for the best place to attack you in your sleep.
3. Draw the first segment of all six legs.
4. Add the remaining segments to each leg.
5. Add shading, texture, and stubbly little hairs, and a cast shadow.